Last updated: October 18, 2022
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Snapcident (“Snapcident,” “Mishyou, LLC,” “we,” or “us”) and our Website at Snapcident.com (the “Site”) as well as our mobile application (the “App”) and other services provided by us and on which a link to this Privacy Notice (this “Notice”)
is displayed (collectively, together with the Site, our “Service”).
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Notice. This Notice describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose such information, with whom we share it, the choice you have in connection with
this, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Notice.
1. The information we collect on the Service
· User-provided Information
When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or
“personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked
to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Service. For example, you may provide us with personal information when you register for an account, such as first name, last name, email address, and phone number.
· “Cookies” Information
When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to
your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete,
or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
o How We Use “Cookies”
When you use and access our Service, we place or allow our third-party analytics provider, Google Analytics, to place a number of cookie files in your web browser. We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use the following types of cookies.
§ Essential Cookies
We use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
§ Analytics Cookies
We allow Google Analytics to place cookies to track how the website is used so that we can make improvements. Google Analytics may also set cookies on your browser or mobile device, or read cookies that are already there. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded, that partner with Google. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
· “Automatically Collected” Information
When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs,” “web beacons,” or “cookies.” This “automatically collected” information may include your
IP address or other device address or ID; information about your estimated location as may be determined from the IP address; web browser and/or device type such as hardware model, operating system, and application version number; the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service; the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the
Service; and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
· Third Party Buttons
We may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Snapcident does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
· Information from Other Sources
We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service. If we
combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Notice.
· App-Specific Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect certain details of your access and use of the app, including your phone model and software operating system. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download or use the App
2. How we use the information we collect
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
· We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to answer or respond to an inquiry from you in connection with our Service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content posted on the Service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
· We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed;
and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
· We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
3. When we disclose information
Except as described in this Notice, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
· Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
· We work with third-party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us.
Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
· We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing
purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
· We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
· We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate
and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
· Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
· We may provide traffic data in aggregate and de-identified form to research institutions and universities.
Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the personal information or before the personal information
you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
4. Your Choices
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. If you have a
business account and have claimed a listing, if you delete your page through the Site, we may reach out to you to confirm if you want public information on your business to remain on Site prior to deleting such information. If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service. Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us
to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. If you choose to opt out, we will
place an “opt-out cookie” on your computer. The “opt-out cookie” is browser specific and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for some cookies that are important to how our websites and mobile apps work (“essential cookies”). If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return and update your preferences.
We do not support Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Setting page of your web browser. If you enable Do Not Track, you will be unable to use the Service and any account information will be deleted.
5. Third-Party Services
The Service may contain features or links to Websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content or privacy and
security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We strongly advise you to review the privacy and security policies of each site you visit before providing them with information.
6. Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been
collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from
7. Data Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk; no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable
to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Retention
We retain your information for as long as necessary to serve the purpose for which it was provided, and as necessary for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or as necessary to protect our legal rights, fulfill our contract obligations, or for certain business requirements. Our retention of information in your user account is governed by
our agreement with our clients.
9. Privacy Settings
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the
Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
10. International Visitors
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
11. State-Specific Privacy Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
· Confirm whether we process their personal information
· Access and delete certain personal information
· Data portability
· Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
· Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature and
· Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects
To exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com.
12. Changes and Updates to this Notice
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Notice, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Notice, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time
after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Notice has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Notice.
13. Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Notice, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.